This recipe seems to be fairly common as i've seen it on a couple of different websites, but I like the way Sally's Baking Addiction lays it out. We accidentally forgot to chill the dough so our cookies were probably more crumbly, but my impatient self still loved them. I usually decrease the sugar by a tablespoon or so and I think they're just as good!
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4-6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside. In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Mix in the peanut butter and brown sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture. Combine well until a dough is formed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes. Or don't! Depends on how impatient you are!
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Form the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. The original recipe states to flatten the cookies, but I kinda like them in ball form. Again, this is up to you!
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. The cookies will look soft and that's exactly how they're supposed to be! Allow the cookies to cook for ~10 minutes.