Because of these benefits, I’m always looking for easy recipes to include in my leafy green repertoire. I had a large bag of mixed greens (kale, spinach, chard) from Costco that I figured would make the perfect side dish to dinner last night. I sautéed the greens with a bit of garlic and onion and it paired beautifully with flounder.
5 cups mixed greens or greens of choice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1Tbsp olive oil
1. Chop onion and mince garlic.
2. Add olive oil and minced garlic to pan on low heat.
3. Heat garlic and olive oil until simmering.
4. Add onions and cook for ~5 minutes.
5. Add leafy greens and sauté until greens are wilted and onions are at desired texture.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper or spices as desired.
Side Note: It is Registered Dietitian Day! Celebrate your favorite RD today and thank them for their hard work!