1. Taco Bell and Cage Free Eggs-Taco Bell will be the first fast food company to serve solely cage-free eggs. They plan to complete this change by the end of the year. They also are working to eliminate artificial colors and flavors. Bring it on McDonald's!
2. Scan Codes for Nutrition Information-Some food companies are keeping up with the times and have announced adding scannable codes to packaging to allow purchasers to get additional information about ingredients, allergens and nutrition. This could even provide people with information about GMOs, which has arisen again as a huge concern following the past week's news about genetically engineered salmon.
3. There is a Link between Exercise and Drinking-And that link is that we drink more when we exercise more.
4. NY versus Salt-All New York menus are now required to label items that have more than the daily allowance of sodium (2300mg). This is the next step following the caloric requirement labeling on menus.
5. Sperm could effect offspring's weight-A study was conducted suggesting that obesity could be passed to offspring due to how genes are expressed. The epigenetic marks control gene expression and those marks can be changed depending on weight.