1. Eat before you go: Going to a party hungry leads to larger intake and choosing less healthy options. Have a balanced snack or meal of complex carbohydrates and lean protein before you go.
2. Fill up on non-starchy vegetables: Go for the carrots, broccoli and celery first. The fiber in these veggies with help you feel full so you can limit yourself on higher calorie foods.
3. Bring a healthy dish: Bring something you know you enjoy and is a healthy option. This prevents you from relying solely on what others prepare.
4. Watch what you drink: Be careful of the punch as it typically packs a great deal of sugar and calories. Alternate one alcoholic beverage and a glass of water. This will help decrease overall consumption and the hangover the next morning!
5. Use a smaller plate: Use a salad or dessert plate for your food. You will often eat less due to our mind playing tricks! This trick works to our advantage though.
6. The 20 Minute Rule: This rule can be especially helpful at buffets or parties where food is always available. Have a serving of food and then wait 20 minutes. If you're still hungry go back for more, but do a check-in with your body to make sure you're eating out of hunger and not just out of desire.