Cinnamon Apple Scones
1/4 cup brown sugar or sugar substitute *additional for topping if desired
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon *additional for topping if desired
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 apple, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Combine sugar, four, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
4. Add diced apples and fold into dough.
5. Place in large circle on pan and flatten or create small balls/scones and place on pan.
6. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon or cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Enjoy! Happy Monday!