Picadillo is a traditional dish in Spain and many Latin American countries. I chose to go with the Cuban-style and the result was delicious. Definitely one i'll make again!
1 Lb ground turkey (you can use ground beef if desired)
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
1/4 cup diced olives
1/2 cup chicken stock
6oz tomato paste
1 can rotel
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Brown ground turkey in a pan on medium heat.
2. Combine tomato paste, rotel and chicken stock in a large bowl until throughly mixed.
3. Place browned turkey, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and olives into the crock pot.
4. Pour tomato paste/rotel/chicken stock mixture on top and mix.
5. Add garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper and combine.
6. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
7. Serve over rice or with a desired vegetable.