1. Down with the Junk Food?- This diet recall of over 5,000 Americans shows that when on a diet you don't have to take the 'All or Nothing' approach. A healthy balance and focusing on moderation is the key to weight loss and maintenance.
2. Low-Fat or Low-Carb?- Neither. This article discusses that low-fat and low-carb diets often don't lead to long term success. This is something we've been learning recently about loving all 3 of our macronutrients (carbohydrates, protein and fat) and creating that healthy balance.
3. Exercise and Illness- Regular, long-term exercise can strengthen the immune system, leading to the ability to fight off colds and other viruses.
4. The Rankings are Out- The American Public Health Association has come out with their rankings for healthiest and least healthy states. Congratulations to Hawaii and a gentle nudge for Louisiana.
5. Is Cancer down to luck?- A new study suggests how much extrinsic factors play in the development of cancer. Results showed an almost 70-90% impact.